Official KITH knife photo thread

Tod, you got a little happy with the drill press ey? I have done it so many times it isnt funny...

Tod, you got a little happy with the drill press ey? I have done it so many times it isnt funny...

You got it bro.
It actually took me a few minutes to figure out what I did.:eek:
I dimpled the scales for glue before they were profiled.

I finished the sheath! It's the first sheath that I've made with a belt loop, so I had a few mistakes, mainly with attaching the belt loop to the sheath, but it functions well.

dsc05705.jpg

dsc05706h.jpg

It also has a nice "snap" as it slides in.
dsc05707c.jpg

It's a shame to see only 15 completed knives, out of the 33 that originally signed up. Hopefully we will get the last ones in in the next couple days.

Mike,
I know for sure we lost 2 Denton Eller and Ernie Swanson, so I still am hopeful that we will finish up strong. I have a bit of work to go on mine, but should be finished soon.
Keep on mushin' all you dogs! 2thumbs

Mike,
I know for sure we lost 2 Denton Eller and Ernie Swanson, so I still am hopeful that we will finish up strong. I have a bit of work to go on mine, but should be finished soon.

Same here, I hope to be done by the first of the week.

I'm hoping for july 20th to have a send off address, so I don't accidentally pack it!

Moving is complicated. Moving a working shop is way complicated.

Mike- that is some sweet handle work on the knife, there. Like the grind a lot!

Stan- I stand in awe of anyone with enough OCD to make folders.

Todd- I love the looks of that - the grind is very sweet, and the whole package is very, very nice.

all the knives are looking great. Can't wait to see a final lineup!

Count me in I'm finishing up a knife today. Then I have to buy a digital camera. My old one disappeared on July 4th. I have looked everywhere and I can't figure out what happened to it.

ernie

Sorry to be one of the no-shows. I got swamped with schoolwork and it just didn't happen this time. It was worth it though. Now I've got a job that can support my knife habit rather than a knife habit that supports my eating, electricity, and gasoline needs. Yay for jobs!

I am still hoping to get mine done by the 16th. If that dose not work let me know. First knife had major worping, #2 was a little better. #3 is going good. I do have some profesonal help on this one. My grinds are getting better. Camera ran out of battery, like all the flashlights I have needed.
There are some good pics showing up. I hope mine looks half that good.

Here is my trade. 440C, G11 and my first ever sheath.

ernie

Attachments

• knife trade.jpg
    knife trade.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 98
Here is my offering for the kith, a 8 inch utility knife, 3.75 inch blade, 1 inch wide. Made from 1084 with mesquite handles. Forced patina, with FeC. This is my 3rd knife finished hope you like the pictures!

thanks for looking comments welcome!

Jason

Attachments

• Jason1(2).jpg
    Jason1(2).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Jason2(2).jpg
    Jason2(2).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Just wrapping up the sheath today. After that, I just need to get rid of a few small scratches on the scales, mark it and put an edge on it. Pics to come...

Ready to go!

I'm in, boys! Nicholson file knife, very mild (almost flat) full convex, hand-rubbed. Red stabilized birdseye maple with white and blue liners. (since it's July and all ;)) Nickel-silver pins, stainless thong tube. The leather sheath came from a seller on Ebay. My daughter reminded me there should be a knifedog in the pic :D

Attachments

• KITH 7_10.jpg
    KITH 7_10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 109
  • KITH 7_10a.jpg
    KITH 7_10a.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 71
  • KITH 7_10 handle.jpg
    KITH 7_10 handle.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 87
I finally got off my duff and got some photos of my contribution. I even managed to get them uploaded to my gallery.

Here it is; Model IV sock removal differentially heat treated small hunter made of 1084 high carbon steel with a 3" blade, 7 5/16" overall. Black canvas micarta scales with micarta and mosaic pins.

showimage.php
[/url][/IMG]

showimage.php
[/url][/IMG]

Comments welcome.

Carey

My 2nd knife so please be gentle... Sorry the pic ain't so great. There are a lot of mistakes but as many people said, it's supposed to be the best you can do and something you're proud of and it fits those qualifications so I hope I'm okay in entering this...

Anyway, here she is, a 1080 hunter with red gum eucalyptus scales and a sheath dyed in antique gel.

Be gentle :eek:

Photo0069.jpg

Here's what I came up with....This is knife 23 or 24 for me. I kind of challenged myself with this one. It's the first time I've dovetailed the bolsters and the first fully fileworked knife I've done. It's not without it's flaws, but I think it came out ok for the most part.

Steel: ~.130" thick 440C fully fileworked
Overall Length: ~ 8 1/8"
Blade Length: 3 2/3" Tip to bolsters
Handle Material: Arizona desert ironwood with 304 SS bolsters.
Sheath: 8-9 oz. hand stitched leather

kith1.jpg

kith2.jpg

kith3.jpg

kith4.jpg

kith5.jpg

Guys, as much as I hate to do it I am going to have to throw in the towel, I have way too much going on right now to finish this project anytime soon. I will make sure I have one ready for next time though.

Back