Oil For Surface Grinder

Randy Lucius

Just recently purchased a Boyar Schultz 6x12 grinder. The top oiler is empty. What type oil do I need and where do I get it?
I don't want to run the machine until I add oil. Only ran it long enough to make sure it worked.

Only run way oil...prolly 20 weight if ways are good...otherwise 30-50 weight. If you can get a manual follow the mfg recommended lube.

Only run way oil...prolly 20 weight if ways are good...otherwise 30-50 weight. If you can get a manual follow the mfg recommended lube.

Thanks Smallshop!! Did a little digging around and found a manual online. Calls for Vactra Oil Heavy Medium. Found some Mobil Vactra No. 2 Way oil on Amazon. Do you think that will work?

I run mobil vactra 2 also...it does not have any of the wax polymers in it...so no build up. My fadal is a high pressue way lube system...Mobil vactra 2 ONLY...it tried breaking this rule when a salesperson told me about a great deal on a vactra 2 replacement...the russian chemist swore it would work fine....it cost me $3000 to fix...And I made the salesman call every fadal owner he sold to and warn them. He did and caught them all in time...He is a good salesman and I have used him for over 20 yrs...he was horrified that it ruined my equipment. Super small orifices could not handle the wax...I called the chemist and got a totally belligerent response with name calling from him...anyways...it's good stuff. maybe run some kerosene through any oiling lines to clean it out...

Back