Once more unto the breach!

Lyon

Just got the next folder out of the mind and on to paper!

The top drawing is the initial drawing (by GD Clark. Friend and knife making accomplice).

The next step was to get it into plexiglass to make sure it would function properly and to also test how it will fit in the hand. After that was to get it down on paper and make a technical drawing.

It is so amazing how hard it is to design a folder. You get the knife down to where you have one problem to solve (detent travel path) then you end up having to redesign the whole thing :rolleyes:.

I'll post a pic when I get it done.

Matt

IMG_0159.JPG

I thought I would post an update pic. It is amazing how many things I was doing correctly unintentionally! Now I am doing them intentionally! It is always humbling (and time consuming) to find out how much you don't know.

IMG_0227.JPG

Well I finally got it done! There are a couple of things that need to be improved on for the next build but it feels good to get this one done. Time to clean off the work bench and get started on the next one.

IMG_0499.jpgIMG_0501.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hey, nicely done! There's something about designing and working the kinks out of a folder. This one looks well thought out and well executed. You should be proud.

Back