One more makers mark thread

Daniel Macina

What do y’all think of this makers mark? Obviously it’s rough I just quickly scribbled it down. I like it a lot just worried there’s a little to much going on with it. Does it look too “busy”?E0BE6733-C129-43D5-85C2-C09546F2819D.jpeg

Either one will look great. I use both an oval mark and a straight. I think there are some knives where one looks better than the other due to where you have to place the mark.

I only scrolled down and saw the 3 for a start and though that is a bit bare as a mark :):)

Then I scrolled further and saw the other part of the post. Do you really need your full first name or would an initial work as well to identify you with your surname and location.

Have you thought of doing the oval form but having D. Macina on the top rocker and Pakan TX on the bottom. Both rows would have 7 letters so it would balance quite nicely and allow for the oval shape while staying uncluttered and work on most blades although if you were doing it in stencils you could have two sizes to suit large and small blades.

lol, I saw the same thing until the rest of the picture loaded. I was thinking "well, it's a nice sideways butt"

I like the first initial last name thing. That's all I put for my makers mark

Sorry for the numbers. I had three and was going to number them so it would be easy to vote on but I decided I didn’t like the first one.

Have you thought of doing the oval form but having D. Macina on the top rocker and Pakan TX on the bottom. Both rows would have 7 letters so it would balance quite nicely and allow for the oval shape while staying uncluttered and work on most blades although if you were doing it in stencils you could have two sizes to suit large and small blades.

I kind of like having the full name but I think it might be a bit much. I will draw it up how you suggested and see.

763E62D4-C635-4A8F-A56E-DE081CA5020D.jpeg

Here’s the other one that was suggested. Not a big fan of the empty space between the two Lines. Thought of maybe doing the shape of Texas in the middle but I think that’s too much stuffed into a makers Mark. Trying to keep it simple. Sorry my designs are so rough

Back