Other Leather Goods

D

DC KNIVES

This is a show off thread for items you guys have made other than sheaths.This could be wallet, bags, belts ,gunleather or what have you.Dave:cool:

Recently finished holster and mag pouch for a Beretta mod92

holster22.jpg

Beautiful work.
I love the outside stitching....im not sure what you call it but it looks cool.

Dave, those are gorgeous!

Here's a saddle bag style computer bag I did for myself ---- way too much work handstiching. I need to buy an Artisan!

100_3770.jpg

100_3786.jpg

Here's another, the first one I tried:

100_3543-1.jpg

Last edited:
Eli, I love that piece. You did an awesome job on it.Dave2thumbs

Just finished this one for Chad Nichols.The holsters are lined with veg-tan and the belt with suede.Josh Dabney did the artwork for my carving and my wife Linda handsewed the belt.Dave:)

chad2.jpg

chad5.jpg

Awesome stuff guys! 2thumbs

Looking through my pics I almost only have photos of the sheaths. Here are just a couple "other" things I've worked on....

Embossed belt:
2353440354_69b7cece23_b.jpg

2353441400_2167d11dee_b.jpg

Magazine pouches:
3096688197_04e071d3af_b.jpg

The bottom pouch in this pic was a commercial piece...top two are mine:
3168101511_387e380a4a_b.jpg

A black box (all I did is the leather wrapping):
3240570266_f2ece8e397_b.jpg

3239737349_9226efb623_b.jpg

One of my first carvings was for a set of cuffs for my sister:
2186748170_5dd89a96fe_b.jpg

And I've made a couple bracelets...
2277731210_05ce10074e_b.jpg

And some dog tags / keychain fobs
3109519738_d58b149436_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished this one for Chad Nichols.The holsters are lined with veg-tan and the belt with suede.Josh Dabney did the artwork for my carving and my wife Linda handsewed the belt.Dave:)

chad2.jpg

chad5.jpg

My four year old son seen this and said "Thats the devils belt!":D
Great work by everyone involved.

Wow, great stuff! We have some serious talent here.

That belt is amazing Dave. Hand sewn? I'm afraid to ask how long that took...

Mike, I love the box. How'd you get the corners to lay so flat?

Mike, I love the box. How'd you get the corners to lay so flat?

Thank you Eli. I cut to size and bevelled the edges to be sewn, and used a groover on the inside of the edges to make the leather more able to fold to 90 degrees. I cased the leather then worked over the box with a bone folder focusing on the 90 degree turns. Kept the leather on the box while drying. Later when completely dry I glued it to the box and then stitched the edges.

I've since picked up some similar wood boxes at garage sales because it's a fun project to dress them up and they make great gifts with a personal touch.

There is some beautiful work shown in this thread so far. Here is a possibles bag I made a while back. Made from partially braintanned deer skin, it has a quilled wheel and an antler button for a closure, aged tin cones, horsehair, and lots of fringe. All cut edges are backed up with hand cut lacing.

DSC02634.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

DSC02632.jpg

Thought I would show you my nightmare job.This one was some work.Dave

Wildey gun rig-double layer 10 oz. 4" x 56" w/2" billets
holster is lined and flap has magnetic retention (sewn to belt as is the mag pouch)
Knife by Lowell Cobb
10 Nile Crocodile inlays total and all hand sewn.

wildeybelt13.jpg

wildeybelt12.jpg

wildeybelt9.jpg

wildeybelt8.jpg

You guys blow me away with your work. All I can say is WOW! It sure inspires me to see what can be done with leather and makes me want to try some of what you have done myself. And try. And try.

Just finished this holster for a Taurus Judge. It is inlaid in Stingray.I'll be glad to get back to some knifework.Dave :)

taurus1.jpg

Dave, those are gorgeous!

Here's a saddle bag style computer bag I did for myself ---- way too much work handstiching. I need to buy an Artisan!

100_3770.jpg

100_3786.jpg

Here's another, the first one I tried:

100_3543-1.jpg

That is really slick. I agree that you need an Artisan machine if you plan to do more of those.2thumbs

Here's a couple of new holsters I just delivered.The one on the left is for a 1911 in Nile Crocodile and the other is for a Glock 19 and inlayed in Alligator.Dave2thumbs

GunHolster_Alligator.jpg

Here's a couple of new rifle slings, the first inlaid in Alligator and the secong overlaid in Nile Crocodile.Dave:)

sling3.jpg

sling1.jpg

Back