Packing Slips

Grizzly Bear

To all vendors: Can you please include packing slips with all of your orders that you send out. It would make it so much easier for me to receive a package, open it, go to enter it into my Excel "Materials Inventory Data Base" if I had a packing slip enclosed with the merchandise which provided the company, item name, order #, description, etc.

I can see where e-bay stores don't do this, even though they should (even a scrap of paper), but why are large substantial companies not doing this on a consistent basis? I know, I could go to my e-mails and sift through them matching up order confirmations, but these sometimes simply say that your order has been shipped with your tracking #. What a pain going back and playing detective when I shouldn't have to.

I think that a person who has spent good money for a product, no how small, should get a packing slip that should have all the details that he needs to help internally process his order. I certainly had to provide and collect packing slips when I was working full time.

I make copies of all of my P.O.s, but if I order several things (wood scales/blocks) and I get a package of wood wrapped in newspaper with no identifier on it (who it came from, PO #, etc.) how in the hell am I going to match it up?

I'm worked up because I just got in some nice pieces of lumber that I just unwrapped that only had newspaper with tape wrapped around it with no way of knowing where it came from. I is a shame because it is good wood and I would like to buy some more from them; they and I both lost out on futures business because of this. Get with it vendors!

PS: I am not talking about the well known knife supply houses.

Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear

Back