Paragon furnace

Ty Adams

KNIFE MAKER
I know there are a thousand threads on here about heat treat furnaces. But has anyone used the new economy brand from Paragon? The controls look fairly simple to use and I like the fact that the door opens down instead of to the side. Being able to close the quickly seems to be a big advantage. I only make one or two knives at a time using simple carbon steel. So having the upgraded controls to do more complicated ramp times is not that important to me. I just want more consistent heat treat temps. Thanks

I am also happy with my older paragon, although it takes a while to heat up. things to think about:
a 240 volt kiln typically will heat faster than a 120 volt kiln because they have more watts per sq inch.
what size blades do you plan to make? a KM-45D is neat for bragging rights (I can heat treat a 44" blade) but kind of a waste if most of your blades are less than 16".
shop!! sometimes a 'pottery kiln' will be cheaper than a 'heat treat furnace' although they have the same capacity and temperature limits.

My Paragon door switch from the factory was off adjustment. As the furnace would heat up it would switch off. Took me most of a day to find it. It was barely touching the thermal switch. No big deal. I love it.

Back