Peasant's Knife

antigoth24

Here is a knife I just finished up and while it has no real connection at all to a "peasant's knife" it was the type of look I was aiming for, utility and beauty through it's utility. I'd love to hear what you all think of it. The blade is forged from 1095 and differentially quenched and measures 4 1/2 inches long. The handle is 5 1/2 inches long and made from smelted copper, leather spacers, desert ironwood, and white oak burl with a copper pin. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with the sheath yet but I will update the post when I get around to making it. Thanks for looking.

Robert

I like the jagged, rustic look of the handle material...as well as how it is finished. Not high gloss, but not left 'unattended' either....good balance. Was the oak stabilized?

That copper just works with everything....nicely done!

Scott (wouldn't ya like to be a pepper too...yup, that drink) B

Robert,
Excellent looking knife and great execution with the materials. If this one is not sold I would love to see a pic when the copper patinas. NICE!!!

Wade

for me the blade works i honestly like a wood handel that it very nice work the the smelted copper, leather spacers, desert ironwood, and white oak burlcopper /
all come out to looking balanced GOOD WORK

Back