PhotoBucket

ArtinNC

Just went to my PhotoBucket and all 900 pictures are GONE!! and I only have about 3/4 of them saved. BOY !! does that tick me off.

Try giving Picasa a whirl. Download the software to your PC and you're set. I also keep a back up in form of CDROMs and digital storage devices.

Art, I've just had a look in some of your other threads and the pics are still there so it must just be a little glitch with photobucket. Is it showing the new format for you?

If the pics were deleted they wouldn't show in your threads. :)

Just checked myself.....
All mine are gone too and it says I have 0 in storage. All new format and can't find any info except blank pages and the obvious come on for paid subscriptions. It may be time to move on. You'd think they would at least give you a chance to retrieve your own pics.

Rudy

Bet it's to do with the change to the new format. Mine are there but I switched back to the old format a few days ago.

UPDATE...
I didn't give up and tried going through the desktop icon on the right of the page. This led to installing their new program on my desktop. End result....my desktop wouldn't accept the new program without installing yet more programs to make the interface. I'm done, it's storage sticks from now on. I'm taking my ball and going home.

GOOD LUCK,

Rudy

Last week I see they had a new format and I couldnt figure it all out. There was a small button that said sonething like "Keep my old Format" and I clicked it. That took me back to the old one I'm very familiar with. I havent lost any pictures, that I'm aware of anyway. I have over 7000 pics on my forum alone here on KD. Try logging in again and look for that "keep the old format" button. It might be on the questionaire they offer, I filled that out in hopes to figure out the new format.

When I reached 2000 pics exactly they told me I needed to spring for the "Pro Account" at $25 or lose my pics. I thought that was underhanded but think for a minute now, they were hosting 2000 pics for free. I went for the Pro account and feel its well worth the price.

Have you sent them an e-mail Rudy?

Darn right I did, but in order to do that I had to hunt down a contact link on the 'rules and regs ' page because even their 'help' button doesn't work. Everything on the new format comes back as 'error on page' when you take a stab at it. Everything is working at my end on every site except theirs. I just recently had my computer fixed (AGAIN) so I'm kind of confident the problem is not here. (I hope) Return to old format was the first thing I tried. I'm waiting to see if they even answer their e-mails....that button might not work either.

Rudy

Darn right I did, but in order to do that I had to hunt down a contact link on the 'rules and regs ' page because even their 'help' button doesn't work. Everything on the new format comes back as 'error on page' when you take a stab at it. Everything is working at my end on every site except theirs. I just recently had my computer fixed (AGAIN) so I'm kind of confident the problem is not here. (I hope) Return to old format was the first thing I tried. I'm waiting to see if they even answer their e-mails....that button might not work either.

Rudy

To be fair they responded to a comment I sent them about the new format pretty quickly last week.

I would def say it's not an issue your end as both you and Art are seeing problems.

New format is NOT working correctly for me either. My pics have not been deleted but the problem is that the new format just isn't working. Most of the links etc. don't work nor does the "switch back to original photobucket" link. It won't let me log-out or anything.

FWIW I can see that my 3 thousand and some pics equal 13% of my storage space.

I'll of course let Y'all know if I get anything figured out.

-Josh

Updated everything on my computer and deleted cookies to force a logout. Logged back in and still nothing working. I sent a request to Photobucket Support telling them the problem so we'll see where that goes.

-Josh

Nothing works on my photobucket, The old Format don't work ether. And all my old posts still have pictures so I hope that SOME DAY I'll get my pictures back. When I send a E-Mail to them it says 'error on page' I'm not very happy.

PS: I have a new Dell computer about 2 weeks old, so don't think it's the computer. And they don't come up on my old lap top ether.

Last edited:
Art,

I couldn't send them a message from my Photobucket page either. I went to their support page directly here-
http://support.photobucket.com/home

Then click on "submit a request" to send customer support a message.

After you submit the message it'll say something like- You're not signed in so we're sending a confirmation e-mail. When you get the e-mail you click on the link which confirms it's you.

This worked for me to contact them. I couldn't get anywhere from my regular Photobucket page.

-Josh

Alright fellas,

Just got an email from customer support. Here's a copy-

Frank (Photobucket Customer Support Home)

Nov 18 05:06 pm (MST)

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! There was an issue effecting users, we've identified the problem and our engineering team fixed it.

Please clear your cookies and cache, restart your browser and log back in.

Clear your browser's cache and cookies:
http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21118613-clear-your-browser-s-cache-and-cookies

If you experience any of the same issues please let me know so I can notify our engineers.

Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

That said I cleared cookies and re-started browser and logged in and she's working like a charm again. ALL my pics and albums are there. I took a quick look around the "new" photobucket and it seems to be fine so I'll probably stick with it for awhile and see how I like it. Easy to navigate through your "Library" to access pics from any of your albums which seems like it'll be a nice feature.

Relieved to have this issue resolved ! I don't think I could live without Photobucket :)

Good luck everyone.

-Josh

Thanks for the info Josh.
I never got a reply but I went into Photobucket just now and everything looks OkeeDokee. It's nice to know the problem wasn't at our end. This whole thing got me thinking so I opened an account with Imageshack this morning as back up to my back up. I have to remember to mark what's on my digital storage sticks...it was a looong morning. At least it turned out well, I hope for Art too.

Rudy

I haven't had any problems with Photobucket, yet. I saw that box to Keep the old format and clicked on it and it went right back to my original screen. I may look into downloading everything onto discs though.

I have a pro account. It’s working, but they have had lots of little problems over there lately. It’s been a bit shaky. I switched back to the old format, but it only shows if I’m logged in. If I log out I get the new format. I guess that means folks viewing my albums get the new one, which I‘m really not very fond of. For one thing I can’t customize the look of the new PB. I’ve been using PB over seven years and really don’t want to switch to another server. I hope they get the bugs out soon. All the pix on my blog and forums are linked to PB.

Back