Photoshop

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
I am looking to get into editing my photos and maybe some design work for decals, shirts, ect.

Just looking to see if anyone has a copy they dont use of photoshop ar other good editing/design programs.

I dont have the money for new so I thought I would see if anyone has anything first.

Thanks

Ernie

Gimp will work on Vista. I would suggest at least 1 Gig of RAM with 2 Gigs preferable.

I've used it some. There's a learning curve, but there is with any major graphics program. It works quite well.

I have Photoshop on one PC here, I load GIMP on the others. For knife pic's, GIMP is seriously overkill for getting the job done. Photoshop is even more so.
You will have to spend some time learning how to use it.
Photoshop Elements is also more than enough and is on sale all the time for well under a hundred bucks.

Photoshop Elements is also more than enough and is on sale all the time for well under a hundred bucks.

+1 on elements. MUCH less of a learning curve for photoshop. It has a lot of automatic corrections that work pretty nicely. And, it's much cheaper than the regular photoshop.

And, a year old copy of elements is usually available on Ebay for $10-$15 shipped if you're patient.

Last edited:
you can buy older versions of elements (or even newer versions used) on amazon pretty cheap. Until my XP computer crashed a few months ago I had been using v2.0 that I bought for $14 new on amazon.

Photoshop is great but theres quite a learning curve to it. I work in IT and wouldn't mind taking a couple days of classes just to get more familiar with all the tool sets and things you can do.

Lots of other programs that are easier to learn out there that can do what you need in knifemaking. I would comb your shareware spots for these types of programs. Just picked up a nice program for finding duplicates. Used it for pics, movies, and music. Works great, gives you a preview of each item, with soft delete options, and best of all it was free......................2thumbs

Larry

Ernie,

I use Xara Designer Pro 6.0 for well over 90% of the stuff I do even though I also have PhotoShop and Illustrator. I can send you an older version if you'd like that is still very capable.

Since I use Xara every day, it is worth every penny to me and I keep current on it. Its $299.00.

A simpler current version is Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6. Its just $89.00 and very capable. The learning curve is very merciful. They both come with tutorials and there are more on forums and youtube.

Last edited:
Well Heck with all this talk we should move this to a better section!

I am trying out the Gimp now, I still have no clue what any of the stuff is, I guess there is a big learning curve for most of these programs.

Rock, I will take you up on that offer if your still interested!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Shoot me your address again, Ernie and I will get it out to you this week.

A montage would be child's play with Xara, Joe. You can download a free full featured trial version at xara.com.

Back