Poco's other half

A horse GAW?!?! and I missed it?!

:)

It's nice to see wives get involved. My poor wife just get's this blank "oh that's nice dear" look on her face everytime I come out of the shop grinning to proudly show her my new creation.

Last edited:
A horse GAW?!?! and I missed it?!

:)

It's nice to see wives get involved. My poor wife just get's this blank "oh that's nice dear" look on her face everytime I come out of the shop grinning to proudly show her my new creation.

I do that a lot with Poco to. His interest is in knives mine however is in our horses. He is wanting me to help making with the sheaths but honestly I wouldn't know where to start. I am still mad at him because he still hasn't finished my knife yet. Oh Hun where is my knife?

$100 riding horses? I need a vehicle and my goodness, that's cheaper than a bicycle. Will they eat the crabgrass, clover and dandelions off my lawn? Lookin like a bumper crop this year;)

Good Lord, I hope my daughter doesn't see this thread! She'd whup my butt if she thought I could get her a horse and didn't :D

$100 riding horses? I need a vehicle and my goodness, that's cheaper than a bicycle. Will they eat the crabgrass, clover and dandelions off my lawn? Lookin like a bumper crop this year;)

Good Lord, I hope my daughter doesn't see this thread! She'd whup my butt if she thought I could get her a horse and didn't :D

James as a word of caution.... It sounds "Cheap", but really isn't. If you don't have the land to keep one on, you'll have to add on "Boarding Expenses". On top of that, add vet bills, Farrier bills, and feed expenses, just to name a few. The INITIAL expense IS cheap right now. But in the long run it can be as much as, or more than a car!! That is IF you have to add in things like Training(for horse and any inexperienced riders) Transportation costs if you have to take them anywhere(IF you have a horse trailer) If you don't have anything but the land, just what I've listed could run @ $20,000 - $50,000 Depending what kind of "Deals" you run into.

Think of it like a "FREE Puppy". You get the puppy, get the food, dishes, shots, obedience school........ pretty soon that "FREE" Puppy costs quite a bit!!! Same thing with ANY critter you get!!

I hear ya bro, I was just goofin' around.

Kinda like electrical work, I know just enough about horses to know I have no business messing with them. I don't have the land, cash or more importantly, expertise to take care of one properly.

Again, I have my hands full with 1 kid and 2 cats :D One of which just had kittens a couple weeks ago... the cat, not the kid :eek:

ROFL!! I hear ya'!! My kids better NOT have any Kittens!! If they do I'm gonna' wonder where I went wrong!!

Just yesterday my 3 year old Caught a bird!! I had to "Scold" him about it. The bird he caught is the one on the bottom Left.

014.jpg

I had to return it to the parents, who were quite distressed!!

Aww, cute! You shoulda seen my daughter flip out when our mama cat caught a baby bunny 2 summers ago and tore it to shreds... was a good lesson for her about the laws of nature, though.

I guess I should explain what those are.... The baby chicks are the offspring of Killdeer. Something interesting about them is that they are Monogamous and Mate for life. Should one of the mates die the other will NOT seek a new mate.

Also, they WILL take a baby chick back that has been handled by a human.

I guess I should explain what those are.... The baby chicks are the offspring of Killdeer. Something interesting about them is that they are Monogamous and Mate for life. Should one of the mates die the other will NOT seek a new mate.

Also, they WILL take a baby chick back that has been handled by a human.

I thought that's what they were.My dad has some that nest in his yard in the same spot,we were watching them yesterday.Do you know if the babbies will come back and nest in the same spot?The reason I ask is there has been a nest in the same spot for as long as they have lived there 16 years.My kids really enjoy watching them.

Oh,Welcome to your honey.

God bless,Keith

Keith, I'm not real sure about that to be honest. We boarded our horses here on the farm last year(before it came up for sale), so I didn't spend a great deal of time here on the farm. Now though, we are buying it, so I will see if what you say is so. I do know that the Barn Swallows return, and one Robin's nest is in use for the third year(on an old fence post, of all places). I would assume so, though.

Back