Poco's other half

C

CaddoCinnamon

Well hello. I am as the thread says Poco's other half. I don't know what he has said about me but just wanted to stop here and say hello.

Hi Honey!

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

That's funny!! We both laughed when we saw your reply Rock! Me on the Desk top, her nestled on the sofa with her Laptop!

Welcome! We need a few more ladies here. Many of us wouldn't have a chance as knifemakers without the support and help of our better halves.

finally someone to keep on on Poco..
welcome to KD..
t

Welcome! We need a few more ladies here. Many of us wouldn't have a chance as knifemakers without the support and help of our better halves.

You bring up a point,that in my case is perhaps more valid than maybe in some others Mike. She is generous to a fault. Literally, I'll tell that story in just a minute, but first the more relevant one for this Forum.

She bought ALL my tools to get me started, with the exception of my belt grinder and some of the "incidentals" that go along with making of knives, sandpaper and stuff like that. She bought my Drill press, belt sander, Dremel, and Files. She Re-scheduled her vacation time so I could make the Blade show in Atlanta.(She saw how disappointed I was about not getting to make it to Shepherdsville show) She really has Supported me in this endeavor.

OK now to explain what I alluded to, in my opening paragraph.

"Generous to a fault". Whoever coined that phrase must have known all about her. Her username is actually a combination of two horses names. Caddo(After the Caddo Native American Tribe) And Cinnamon The Mother of Caddo. Caddo is the last foal out of Cinnamon,Because she GAVE Cinnamon(Her favorite horse BTW) to someone who wanted a Good horse, but could not afford to buy one. Her "Concession" was that she got the Foal that Cinnamon was carrying.

When She told me she had Given away her Favorite horse, I was Incredulous!! I still have a hard time understanding that. Granted, this was the best horse for that particular person, out of the ones we had at the time.

Here is a shot of them both, taken about this time last year.

Knife people and horse people seem to be cut from the same cloth. My daughter has 2 degrees in equine science and business, has multiple national and international medals, has performed for royalty and tried to run me broke by giving all her "extras" away. It seems to be a personality trait that we share.
Thanks for joining Cinnamon, we welcome you with open arms.

Steve

That's OK, I can barely keep up with my kid and two cats :)

Anyway, welcome CaddoCinnamon. We need more ladies around here. Women cut stuff too!

Last edited:
Welcome! Can I have a horse too? :D

Actually James my Stallion came From Wisconsin!! Alas you are too late! We just made a deal with someone to take one of our horses off our hands.... a GAW if you will. Horses prices are Rock Bottom right now. A horse that is a good riding horse, but not spectacular in any other way, is cheaper than the fixed blade knives here on this Forum!!

At one of the Local sales around here, A good riding horse can be had for $100 or less!! Even a Cheap saddle is more expensive!!

Back