propane forge building book

permafrost

any one thinking of building a propane forge save your self some wasted time trying to re invent the wheel and pick up GAS BURNERS FOR FORGES FURNACES & KILNS by Michael Porter from skipjack press, this book explains everything you will ever need to know about building burners and forges, well worth the cost of the book, the forges i have built to these designs have worked perfectly ,i wish this book was out 25 years ago when i first started forging with propane. the burner designs are naturaly asperated gas jet ejectors.

I just ordered this book I hope its @ home when I get on days off. I have done lots of reading on building forges and want to see if I can get one done on my days off.

james you will not regret buying this book, i have been fooling arround with propane forges off and on for 25 years these burners work very well

I know this thread is pretty old, but I just got my Porter book about a month ago. I built the 3/4 first and did some test fires on Sunday night. Last night I picked up the pipe fittings to build the 1/2 for brazing. If you ever want to build a burner, you need to get the book. Seems like much more efficient and tunable burners than the sidearms or old style Reils with just an orifice.

Back