Prototype fighter/utility

Benr.t

This is a new model prototype, that I am calling the B.D.U., Battle-Duty-Utility. Corny I know, but I like Acronym's. :D
The final version of this knife will vary slightly, mostly a smaller choil.
This is also the very first knife ever (that I am aware of anyway) sporting what I am calling Thunderstorm Micarta. It is an industrial grade kevlar phenolic impregnated with brass fibers, kinda cool huh! :cool: Anyway here are the specs- 11" Oal, 6" blade of .214" thick 5160.

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

I like it! Looks rugged as usual. The micarta is cool and very unique.

Prototype fighter utility having a lot of satisfaction and cover all best resources so we will ready for best and be conscious for best role so we want a broad perspective for best growth and broad vision.

any problems with finishing the handle? did all the brass wire lay down.
Tough looking knife

Thanks guys! The handle was a bit of extra work, It seemed to polish out perfectly smooth, but i did give it a coat of CA glue just to be sure.

I really like the shape and the grind. The handle material is interesting, kind of remeniscent of burlap, but wth class.
The glass breaker / lanyard hole out back give it functionality, and the dual tone of the metal give it a tactical appeal.
It looks hefty, but not bulky with a no no-nonsense distinction.
Good job!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I really like the shape and the grind. The handle material is interesting, kind of remeniscent of burlap, but wth class.
The glass breaker / lanyard hole out back give it functionality, and the dual tone of the metal give it a tactical appeal.
It looks hefty, but not bulky with a no no-nonsense distinction.
Good job!

Thank you, I try to design my knives with function first and foremost. For me if it works functionally, it usually is visually appealing as well.

Back