Question for Grizzly owners

Hey guys,

I ended up going with the Coote for the reasons listed on the Grizz. I was still tempted, but got a hell of a deal on the Coote and will be under what the Grizz is going for even after I buy the motor/pulleys. But I do agree with everyone that has mentioned the NWG, if you can pull it off...Great machine for the money hands down2thumbs

Be headed up to James' place to build my NWG down the road a bit. But I can already tell the Coote is going to be a great grinder for the money.

I will get some reviews once I actually grind on the thingcool 1:D2thumbs

Thanks again everyone.

Chris

To get a 2 or 3 Hp motor cheap go Craigslist look for a used aircompressor that has 2hp or 3hp .I got my 2hp a/c for $ 50.00 .I sold the a/c for parts for $30.00 So just keep looking they are out there.

Last edited:
Ive had a Grizz now for 14 years, My guess would be that Ive made upwards of 200 knives. I too have a KMG, as well as the 9" disc. I mainly use the grizz now for rough grinding, both on steel and handles.

I cannot say a bad thing about the grizz. Is the KMG a more precise grinder? Sure it is. Does it make grinding more pleasurable? Absolutly!

But for the price of the grizz, I made knives for many years, and allowed me to develop the skill level where I could really appreciate the KMG when I got it.

I havnt priced the grizz lately, but if its less than $500 id say go for it! you will definatly get your moneys worth out of it!

Ive got grizz drill presses, buffers and a band saw, I love them all. there are better tools out there, but for the price, they are hard to beat!

Good Luck and God Bless
Mike

Back