Question. I saw a post on here from a while back or gentleman had upgraded his hand filing Jig From Allwood to made out of metal. I’m looking for him

I think his user name was Dorzan or something similar I would like to find out if there are plans and Measurements for his hand filing bevel jig?

My memory is not what it used to be. I was able to find the post again and sent Dazcon a message this is a picture from his post...I hand file all my knives and this would be a great change from my old wooden jig08FE6E8E-62FE-4C1C-A821-77EF5A2FBD23.jpeg

That's an old picture of my filing jig. It has evolved a little more since then.I don't have any plans or drawings as it was cobbled together using parts from the scrap bin at work.I can take measurements if required. All sizes need to be taken in relation to file length.

WOW! I love this one even better. Especially the added level bubble, angle finder, and the rulers on the blade blank end. I would llove it if you could send me some closeup pics and the measurements. I use a 12 inch file, which it looks as if you are using the same. This bad boy looks like he's on steroids lol
on the left is that used for sharpening? Also if you are not using a 12 inch file, what size do you use?

Back