Received KITH from Daniel Macina

tkroenlein

I got a package today!

Now, the first thing I want to comment on I've been mulling over all day since I opened the box. As a maker, who's been selling a few knives a month for about 10 months, I realize that I've been missing a connection with my customers who are 100% local. Daniel not only included the knife, but a hand signed card with the particulars of the knife, a padded knife case, polishing cloth and a bottle of EDCi. I can't overstate how profoundly that has impacted me. We sell custom or handmade knives to folks who appreciate the knife to the extent that they seek out exactly the one they want, or conveys something significant to the recipient of a gifted knife. Yet, until today, I've totally missed the boat. There is an experience there that I seek myself when I buy something special to me, but haven't had the foresight to see that. And I think that's what a KITH is supposed to do, connect one maker to another that translates the experience that each seeks to provide to their customer.

To the knife. This was Mr. Macina's 3rd knife, as indicated on the accompanying card. It is a heckuva 3rd knife. The grinds on the 6" AEB-L blade are flat, even, and centered. The handle is sized right and the ironwood scales are even side to side, and the pins and lanyard tube are flush. All in all, a real good job on a solid knife. I'll post pics up later this week.

Thank you, Daniel. You've taught a very hard headed man a lesson.

I got a package today!

Now, the first thing I want to comment on I've been mulling over all day since I opened the box. As a maker, who's been selling a few knives a month for about 10 months, I realize that I've been missing a connection with my customers who are 100% local. Daniel not only included the knife, but a hand signed card with the particulars of the knife, a padded knife case, polishing cloth and a bottle of EDCi. I can't overstate how profoundly that has impacted me. We sell custom or handmade knives to folks who appreciate the knife to the extent that they seek out exactly the one they want, or conveys something significant to the recipient of a gifted knife. Yet, until today, I've totally missed the boat. There is an experience there that I seek myself when I buy something special to me, but haven't had the foresight to see that. And I think that's what a KITH is supposed to do, connect one maker to another that translates the experience that each seeks to provide to their customer.

To the knife. This was Mr. Macina's 3rd knife, as indicated on the accompanying card. It is a heckuva 3rd knife. The grinds on the 6" AEB-L blade are flat, even, and centered. The handle is sized right and the ironwood scales are even side to side, and the pins and lanyard tube are flush. All in all, a real good job on a solid knife. I'll post pics up later this week.

Thank you, Daniel. You've taught a very hard headed man a lesson.
That's a very good point. I'll have to remember that lesson as well.

Now only if I had remembered to put your sheath in the package. Yes I forgot to put his sheath in the box. It’s coming shortly. There are a lot of issues with that knife mainly due to the rush but I do hope you get some enjoyment out of it. I promise the Riccasso on the right side wasn’t rolled over before I got overzealous sharpening it if that’s what you call sharp. Probably the worst edge I’ve had on a knife. Always felt it was important to give an experience along with the knife so I’m glad that impacted you.

Back