Recent Leatherwork

Steven Long

Lately I have become obsessed with leather working and have been practicing a lot of carving, tooling and coloring. I have so much more respect for leather workers now (not that I didn't have the highest of respect before :)).

Like making knives, I have become addicted to the craft. Here are some projects I have completed recently...

OnTheBench2014001_zps99dc4818.jpg

OnTheBench2014003_zpsf7f02d08.jpg

Ogre016_zps17a93c00.jpg

Grip012_zps222491a4.jpg

Grip013_zps0f24dad0.jpg

OnTheBench2014006_zps0717f509.jpg

OnTheBench2014008_zpse9f8add0.jpg

And some leather trading cards I have been making. These have been great practice.

LeatherTradingCards001_zps8a061a20.jpg

LeatherTradingCards005_zps2660b79f.jpg

LeatherTradingCards004_zpsd442fa6d.jpg

LeatherTradingCards005_zps9fafaa06.jpg

LeatherTradingCards007_zps02db7e0d.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

I'm not a big fan of skulls. But, the flower carving is very nice. I think the flag sheath is top-notch. I really like it.

You have mad leather skills!

DeMo

Steven,
I'm with DeMo on the Skulls, You younger guys sure have a fascination with them? LOL
Its all excellent looking work even if some of your subject manner isn't mt thing! LOL

I really enjoy that third sheath. That spiral dragon type thing is very usual and cool!

I'm not a big fan of skulls. But, the flower carving is very nice. I think the flag sheath is top-notch. I really like it.

You have mad leather skills!

DeMo

Thanks a bunch, man! The flag is my favorite so far. Thought it was very fitting for a soldier.

Steven,
I'm with DeMo on the Skulls, You younger guys sure have a fascination with them? LOL
Its all excellent looking work even if some of your subject manner isn't mt thing! LOL

I really enjoy that third sheath. That spiral dragon type thing is very usual and cool!

Haha! Thanks, Laurence. Skulls... you either love them or hate them. Think my fascination with them goes back to my Junior High headbanger days, haha!

Laurence and DeMo...

Here is one that is a little easier on the eyes that I'm working on ;). Making this for my Mom to hang on her wall. Still trying to figure out what to mount it on...

LeatherTradingCards003_zps4251d8ad.jpg

LeatherTradingCards002_zpsd2d8a610.jpg

Love this swivel knife...

Leather007_zpsb0e6884a.jpg

I am going to darken the background and antique it. Was going to add color but I need a lot more practice with shading so I am going to leave the flower natural for now.

What do you guys think?

Very nice shield or family crest type looking carving. You may want to get some art books on shading etc? You are doing great!
I do really like the Spiral Dragon type looking thing you have on the other sheath.

I saw a young lady 20'S ish with a spring dress that was done in Skull poco dots yesterday.
Your future wife possibly?? :34: Skulls & Zombies! Skulls & Zombies! Everywhere! LOL

Back