Resprator cartridges....

M.Olexey

...how often do you change them?

also...

Anyone here use a full face setup? How do you like it? Does it fog up easily?

I change filters when I notice that its getting difficult to breath with my mask on. In many cases if you've just finished grinding something really dustly like G10 or Micarta, you can remove the filters, and take the air hose to them...and get extra life from them.

I tried a full face mask, and simply didn't like it. It would fog up on occasion, but the biggest issue for me was how much it limited my field of vision.

Wearing respirators on my real job, the full-face mask is more comfortable for all-day use. Though I personally think it's not necessary for shop work...nor is the common full-face shield ANSI certified for strike protection.

If your full-face mask is fogging, you've got a fit and/or seal problem. When a full-face mask fits properly, it will not fog.

I wear a half-mask for grinding etc and eye-ball when its time to change. Those of use that use a lot of synthetic handle material will be changing those cartriges out more. They're cheap.

BC

I can usually tell it is time to change the cartridges on mine when I start sucking air in around the seal...
I used to have to change them every couple of weeks. But, I bought one of thos overhead squirrel cage filters and it has made a huge difference in the amount of dust in my shop....

Steve

Back