Reversing compressor/vacuum pump

Chris623

I came across a Speed-aire oil-less piston compressor/vacuum pump. Want to use it for my scale stabilizing. Right now it's working like a compressor. Can't figure out how to make it a vacuum pump. Tore it all apart and couldn't see anything inside that indicated it could be reversed. Anyone know how to do this?

Sounds easy peezy.....................only as I mentioned, I couldn't find any way to do that. Can't see any inlet port.

No need for pics. I was just plain not thinkin'. The felt filter on the top of the unit covered a hole where one could screw in an fitting for an inlet. Just didn't catch that it was threaded when I previously took the pump apart. Major DUH!!!!! Problem solved............in spite of my temporary stupidity.

I got two vacuum pumps in this "find". One was the Speed-air "combo", and the other a Gould vaned vacuum pump. The Gould pulls 28/29" and will work great. All it needed when I got it was oil. The Speed-air will be kept to use as an airbrush pump for my wood carving. I'll need to hook it up to a small tank, but it'll work great for that purpose.

Back