(Rolling) Stand for No Weld Grinder?

leozinho

I made a No Weld Grinder that's currently mounted on plywood and just sitting on a shop table. I want to mount in on a stand, preferably rolling, so I can move it out of my workshop and grind outside.

Cheapest option I've seen is tool stand from Harbor Freight that has the option to add wheels.

image_13382.jpg image_13423.jpg

Anyone know of a better option?

Whatever you choose, make sure it's super heavy duty! Personally I would not mount a grind on anything that moves...but then again, I have the space to have it permanetly mounted. I can remember years ago trying to mount my grinder on a moving stand.....even with "lock" wheels, I simply couldn't grind on it, because between the vibration and the non-solid mounting, I was always chasing the grinder around...especially if I tried "hogging" anything.

Make the stand like a dolley or hand cart.

That way when down its solid, lean it back and wheels contact and you can move it around.

Treat it like a ammo reloading bench and stack a lot of weight on it when you have in position so you get less of the problems that Ed Caffrey just noted.

I did similar to Darrin - except I built a solid stand, then us a hand cart to move them around. That way one hand cart can handle several things in the shop.

Ken H>

Darrin, I have to ask, what kind of platen do you have on that grinder? Never seen one like that before.

Back