Safeguard Against Hackers - Change Your Passwords & Turn on Two Factor

tkroenlein

I see there is an older hacked account here, posting stuff in other languages. I'm on another forum where a scammer has figured out how to get into established accounts, and take them over.

This can be defeated by changing your password, and turning on two factor authentication.

Be wary of older accounts that appear to have been inactive awhile. If something seems off, it just may be.

There are also websites that you can enter you email address into and it'll tell you if your account info has been posted on the internet as part of a data breach. The only one that I'm familar with is this one: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Familiar with, as in it's the only one I tried out. I'm sure there are other good websites out there.

Also, similar topic, but a little different... If you plan to install software from the internet, you can download the install file, upload it to "virustotal.com", and it'll run the install file and run it through a bunch of anti-virus software and tell you if it's safe to install.

If you're a gamer and want to download mods for a game or you just have some sort of software that you are unsure if it's safe to install, "virustotal.com" is pretty helpful. It's caught some viruses before I installed them on multiple occasions. OR just stay away from sketchy websites...

Back