Sambar, bronze, and hamon

believerjoe

Still in progress, but I can never wait! Sanded to 600 grit. There is a hamon in there and I will etch once I get it to 1500 grit. Decided to leave the Sambar untouched. The addiction continues.

Attachments

• DF646849-9415-457F-B5B5-10582B9A6473.jpeg
    DF646849-9415-457F-B5B5-10582B9A6473.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • FF09B354-59F2-48F5-88C5-FEF983A4C0B7.jpeg
    FF09B354-59F2-48F5-88C5-FEF983A4C0B7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • E533E429-3797-42BE-A5F7-46F4389DAB48.jpeg
    E533E429-3797-42BE-A5F7-46F4389DAB48.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Awesome! I like how you didn't sand down the stag, it's unique. Mind sharing where you got your bronze?

Looks good.... That's an outstanding piece of stag.....but something caught my eye. You didn't by chance break the spine when grinding the blade bevels did you? I looked at the pic of the blade's side.... and then the pic of the spine, and it looks like there is a "wowie" showing in the spine pic.... where the blade bevel meets the spine. I'm not at all dogging you on it, but since the blade/knife isn't finished, you might not have caught it, and are at a point right now, where you can address/fix it....but if you go any further in the build, it'll be too late.

Now, all that being said, if the spine isn't broken by the grind, and it's just the way I'm looking at the pics..... then just call me crazy and keep on going!! :) I'm anxious to see how this one turns out!

Last edited:
Looks good.... That's an outstanding piece of stag.....but something caught my eye. You didn't by chance break the spine when grinding the blade bevels did you? I looked at the pic of the blade's side.... and then the pic of the spine, and it looks like there is a "wowie" showing in the spine pic.... where the blade bevel meets the spine. I'm not at all dogging you on it, but since the blade/knife isn't finished, you might not have caught it, and are at a point right now, where you can address/fix it....but if you go any further in the build, it'll be too late.

Now, all that being said, if the spine isn't broken by the grind, and it's just the way I'm looking at the pics..... then just call me crazy and keep on going!! :) I'm anxious to see how this one turns out!
Ed, I think it’s just pics. The grind goes all the way up and pics have a shadow. I can take better pics when I get the etch done.

GOOD!! Glad is wasn't what it appeared to be. Maybe the reason I thought I saw it, is because I just trashed a damascus blade doing it. ;)

Back