Sean's KITH 2020 for Heikki -dropping out of KITH

Not much progress on this. I managed to get some pilot holes for the handle pins drilled and that's about it. As I mentioned in another post my grand-daughter was married last week and I'm making haste to complete a chef knife for her. But I think I will have more time this weekend.

Focus on the knife for your granddaughter. That's the important one. Mine can wait...it'll build the suspense ;)

@Heikki here are some handle options I thought might work well. The first is Ivory G10 for a bolster with Brown Micarta for the scales. I've never worked with Micarta before, but I like the look and feel of it. The second is Curly Maple. I also have some Claro Walnut.

Both look great! I'm good with whichever one you pick.

My back was bothering me yesterday and a bit again today so I haven't done much in the shop. But here's a bit of progress on Heikki's KITH. I'm attaching the Ivory G10 Bolster material to the Brown Micarta with pins before cutting out, etc. This is a new approach for me and hopefully a smoother one than I've used before. Now that my back is feeling better I will have more time tomorrow in the shop.

I don't mention my personal life much on here, but recent events with my wife's health has really slowed me down. So now that my bad back is feeling better I'm spending time tending to my wife. Hopefully she will be better shortly and I can at least get some work done in the shop. But her health comes first. I'm sure everyone understands that.

If worse comes to worse I will drop out of the KITH (I'm not giving up on this yet though!). If that occurs then it would be a simple change for @Kev to send to @Heikki .

Your project is turning out great! I hope your wife and you both feel better soon....health challenges are a drag...
Thanks Ted. I know you went through a lot earlier this year. I'm hoping she'll be home from the hospital tomorrow. If so, I think I can get back on track soon after that.

Regretfully I need to drop out of the KITH. My wife was readmitted to the hospital today and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. As a result I can't be certain I would be able to finish the KITH on time, if at all. I've notified @Mark Barone , @Kev and @Heikki in e-mail as well.

As time permits I will still be on here. And if time permits, I'm still planning on working on knives. But I have no clue what my schedule will be like.

Back