Shawn Ellis Competition Cutter

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
The baby is almost here and I promised the "Mrs" that I wouldn't buy any new toys without giving up toys to fund it. I've been on a bit of a health kick lately and really enjoying riding my bike again but I would like to upgrade to a road bike. This mountain bike of mine is beating me up.

Blade: 9 7/8" x 1 3/4"
Steel: 1095 w'differential HT (a light hamon is present, but blade was not etched to bring out its beauty)
Fittings: Bronze
Handle: Black Walnut (5")

Shawn Ellis, J.S., Competition Cutter from "Spirit of Steel" 2005. This is a very nice example of Shawn's work. The Walnut handle has stunning figure and is sculpted just right for comfort. Included is a very nice leather sheath with full sting ray front panel. The sheath is not marked by the maker, but I believe it to be made by Dave Smith of Mt. View, Ar. Dave has made alot of sheaths for Shawn and the quality of construction of this piece is pretty much a dead match for other sheaths I have from Dave.

The back of the sheath was marked, "Made 9-2-05 3 PIECES 1095 FORGED WELDED COMPETED SPIRIT of STEEL Show 2005 7tH PLACE".

(Note: There is a light forge mark located near the plunge line on the presentation side of the blade I did not capture in the photo)

Price: $650 shipped. PayPal is the only payment method I will accept. Package will be insured with delivery confirmation.

Trade Considerations: No longer interested in trades as I became impatient and purchased a new bike. I will entertain offers.

ea446087.jpg
f7cd9a4d.jpg
e28c41b4.jpg
38aa2e75.jpg

Last edited:
I'm putting this kne back up for sale. I had received an offer on Friday and negotiated a deal from a collector and now he hasn't answered calls or messeges for payment and shipping info.

One time price drop to $575 plus shipping.

Back