Shop Pets

I had this bird come in my old shop five years ago, I don't know what that was about, but he left after a few min.
WCZPrHi.jpg

Now I'm living in the deep woods and I have critters galore, I had a bobcat just walk by the back door to my shop around 10 am a couple weeks ago.I walked out there then he took off, I have game cam pictures of him and another running around my place, I've had three black bears in my back yard the last couple years.
every once in awhile wild hogs will pass thru...
rqJAQ8n.jpg

I shot this one before moving here...
RhyctMo.jpg

This is the second bald face hornet nest I got here, their both hanging in the shop rafters now.
HnAxnis.jpg

The deer pass by at night...
tg9ZBU8.jpg

As for resident shop critters I've got all kinds of spiders and some really big black widows...not many mosquitoes but lots of wasps, and love bugs at love bug time of year. lots of big lizards too, I like seeing the lizards.

Years ago some TV show did a search for big foot around my area, of course they didn't find one...........BUT.....

me and a friend did some shooting one night, but nobody believed what we got....

imhUJpo.jpg

I had this bird come in my old shop five years ago, I don't know what that was about, but he left after a few min.
WCZPrHi.jpg

Now I'm living in the deep woods and I have critters galore, I had a bobcat just walk by the back door to my shop around 10 am a couple weeks ago.I walked out there then he took off, I have game cam pictures of him and another running around my place, I've had three black bears in my back yard the last couple years.
every once in awhile wild hogs will pass thru...
rqJAQ8n.jpg

I shot this one before moving here...
RhyctMo.jpg

This is the second bald face hornet nest I got here, their both hanging in the shop rafters now.
HnAxnis.jpg

The deer pass by at night...
tg9ZBU8.jpg

As for resident shop critters I've got all kinds of spiders and some really big black widows...not many mosquitoes but lots of wasps, and love bugs at love bug time of year. lots of big lizards too, I like seeing the lizards.

Years ago some TV show did a search for big foot around my area, of course they didn't find one...........BUT.....

me and a friend did some shooting one night, but nobody believed what we got....

imhUJpo.jpg
I have to hazard a guess. That's a 2017 F150 XLT 4X4. Definitely the tow package. 5.0l?

Edit; I changed my mind. 2015.

Edit, edit; 2016. Really no way of telling from that picture. I know them wheels, though!

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

I have to hazard a guess. That's a 2017 F150 XLT 4X4. Definitely the tow package. 5.0l?

Edit; I changed my mind. 2015.

Edit, edit; 2016. Really no way of telling from that picture. I know them wheels, though!

2015 F150 4x4 with the 3.5 turbo, and man I love that truck. it'll pull a house and if you get on it, it's like taking off in the space shuttle. :D

2015 F150 4x4 with the 3.5 turbo, and man I love that truck. it'll pull a house and if you get on it, it's like taking off in the space shuttle. :D
They're nice trucks. If I ever felt the need to get a new model F150, I'd have to get the 5.0

Roush makes bolt on supercharger kit that takes it from about 400HP to something like 750HP.

I'm happy with the 4.6L in my F150. I probably have near 1000lbs of tools and stuff in the truck and I get 20MPG on winding country roads. That's on big tires and all that, too. I spin tires a LOT, too. Not even on purpose. Guess I need more tire.

I was with someone in a 2017 with a 5.0 and a 3.55 rear. Passing a tractor on a narrow road. Went from 25MPH to 45 REAL fast and left two black streaks :D

Brother and sister bobcats, I've got pictures of these two when they were kittens. the male looks like he turned into a bruiser.
WNwG2Q2.jpg

Here's one of the bears I had passing thru, none of them have damaged my deer feeder yet...
hyqietM.jpg

And of course I have these critters flying all around, I try not to let them bother me too much...

r39K57A.jpg

So, rewind about 3 years. The part of my shop where I do my forging is open on the back. I went out there one day and there was a Wren asleep up in the corner of the ceiling. It woke up, noticed me, and then flew away.

Well, the next day, it was back. Woke up, noticed me, then flew away.

This went on for a few weeks and they gradually got used to me.

After a few months, I could reach up and pet it.

Seriously. I could reach up and pet the bird and they'd just turn around and look at me kinda like, "Stop that - I'm trying to sleep." Pretty funny.

The birds been coming back every year since. They bring a friend now.

I think they got tired of me coming in there at night (I like working at night, after it's cooled down some). They live in one of the kayaks hanging on the side of the building now... it's the kayak that's getting the jet drive installed (have I mentioned that project on here?). I'm waiting till late summer or so before I take that kayak down and start working on it. That way their eggs have hatched and the little birds would've left the nest by then.

Gotta keep the birds happy. They eat mosquitos.

I'm not really a fan of insects because I don't think they can save lives. So I'll tell you a little story about how a dog saved my life. My brother died 2 years ago. It was so hurtful that I think not all people can imagine. But I don't wish you imagined it. Then My wife got me a husky called Nancy. She is an emotional support dog registered on esaregistration.org. The happiness she's brought into my life is unbelievable. I've never experienced such emotions. So now I'm full of strength and positive energy to help people with their problems. So, people treat each other like you'd like to be treated, and the world will prosper.

Last edited:
This is George. George and his friends only lasted about a week, unfortunately. They were fun to watch scurry across the floor or try to get upright when tipped over. Less fun when they flew into my head. Pic is blurry because he's haul'n. They don't sit still.
image1 (53).jpeg

This is Todd. Todd doesn't like pictures.
todd.jpg

This is biscuit. She checks on me in the shop every 20 minutes or so, just making her rounds.
biscuit.jpg

Hello, Biscuit! I have a big red black-nose male spends about 2/3 of his time laying there just like you!

Back