Shop Radio

Randy Lucius

Everybody needs a radio in the shop right? Here's a tutorial I did a few years ago on making an ammo can radio.

Features:
FM radio
Plays from thumb drive, SD card or Bluetooth.
Can use either AC power or battery (switchable). A 2200mah LiPo battery will power for over 12 hours.
A larger battery would increase play times or you could use a 12V lead acid battery.
USB port allows you to charge your phone, IPod or IPad while still playing music over Bluetooth.

It was a fun project and I listen to it every time I'm in the shop. Usually Pandora or the songs on my phone.
It's been awhile so some of the prices and links to components may have changed.
Link to the tutorial: Ammo Can Radio
0038.jpg

0034.jpg

Everybody needs a radio in the shop right? Here's a tutorial I did a few years ago on making an ammo can radio.

Features:
FM radio
Plays from thumb drive, SD card or Bluetooth.
Can use either AC power or battery (switchable). A 2200mah LiPo battery will power for over 12 hours.
A larger battery would increase play times or you could use a 12V lead acid battery.
USB port allows you to charge your phone, IPod or IPad while still playing music over Bluetooth.

It was a fun project and I listen to it every time I'm in the shop. Usually Pandora or the songs on my phone.
It's been awhile so some of the prices and links to components may have changed.
Link to the tutorial: Ammo Can Radio
View attachment 72605

View attachment 72606
Cool! Unfortunately all my ammo cans already have something in them. :cool:

OH!!!!! I AM MAKING ME ONE OF THOSE!! That is just plain SUPER!!! Thanks for posting Randy!!

I've always been one to wear earplugs in the shops, but lately have been using some noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones. I found I REALLY have to concentrate on what my hands are doing....otherwise I get lost in the music and either make a dumb mistake on my work-piece....or get hurt. :) Hopefully I'll figure it out while I still have a few fingers left! :)

That's very cool,I to have music in my shop as I recently installed a led light obove my hand sanding station with a bluetooth speaker in it.It rocks but does not have the cool factor of your set up.

Back