"Sibling Rivalry" Stiletto Dagger

Travis Fry

Since we're both knife makers my brother and I spend a lot of time talking about knives, and on one occasion not too long ago we were discussing what to do with an oddly sized piece of steel he had. I had the idea that he should saw it down the middle to create two long, thin halves, and we could each take one and make a stiletto dagger. The only limitations were the size of the steel and the requirement to make no compromises. My brother's won Best of Show at the Lone Star Knife show in Dallas this year, and after a bit of a wait here is my contribution to the sibling rivalry challenge. It has a six sided theme, with a hexagonal pommel, an ivory handle with six inlaid Argentium silver wire twists, and six sided quillons.

OAL: 14.1 inches

Blade: 8.6 inches

Handle: Pre-Ban Elephant Ivory, Argentium Silver, 416 Stainless

Steel: CPM 154 CM

Dagger2.jpg

Man, that's nice! I really like the 6-sided theme that you carried throughout the piece. Expertly done.

I got to see Jason's at the ICCE show it was top notch.
I agree DeMo the Fry brothers didn't mess around, nice work on both. You all need a picture with both in it would be cool.

Last edited:
I saw Jason's in KC too, pretty amazing. What's the chance of getting both of them photographed together? I think that would make a nice pic for the two of you to have. Sounds like a good magazine article too.

i was fortunate enough to handle Jason's dagger in Dallas, and if travis's is anything like his brothers they are deadly quick and accurate! great job guys

Rejoice with us, for the pair of daggers has been sold! One collector made the purchase, so the pair will stay together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. They're both for sale. I prefer "votes" via PayPal (Travis)

2. Rejoice with us, for the pair of daggers has been sold! (Jason)

Does that mean that this adventure will end in a "tie". I want to see the rematch or this thing needs to go into overtime. Something other than a tie . . .

The saga continues. Yogi Berra said "It ain't over until its over."

So hurry back to the same bat channel at the same bat time to see how this will end.

I'll go and get the popcorn!

DeMo

Does that mean that this adventure will end in a "tie". I want to see the rematch or this thing needs to go into overtime. Something other than a tie . . .

The saga continues. Yogi Berra said "It ain't over until its over."

DeMo

I'm honestly content with a tie. We're so different from each other, and yet the same. How do you compare a pearl frame handle with an ivory fluted handle, even if the blades started out identical? I won an award with mine, but his never went to a show. We sold on the same day to the same customer, who was already an associate of both of us.

Travis and I were talking the other day about how it would take us two years just to build the crazy ideas we have right now, assuming we didn't do anything else and had no more crazy ideas. Reality is that this was an epic-scale project, and we don't have time for too many of those. I'm covered up with orders, moving to the country, and chasing my kids and wife. Travis is in Africa every other month.

But I do have an idea for the next challenge :)

Back