sika horn?

badgerknives

okay, i got a couple questions, in this "stagapocalpse" (sounds like an awsome b rate horror movie) i found a guy who would give me some sika deer horn, dose sika deer horn make a nice knife handle? is it close at all to stag? and most importainly will customs take it if they find it in the mail. thanks

Was it sika deer or Sitka deer? Sitka deer antler should make a pretty decent handle I would think. I've never worked with personally but I think it's pretty similar to mule deer or blacktail deer. Both of those work pretty well if you can find a piece that's the right shape. I'd say give it a try and see what you come up with. I don't think customs would take Sitka deer antler. Sitka is a city in SE Alaska (I've been there). The stuff originates from the U.S. Don't know why they wouldn't let it back in. Hope this helps!

Nope, it's sika. Their out of japan. Apperently Their really over populated and people hunt them unlimetedly. Thanks for the input though if i can get some horns i'll post some pictures.

Back