Silly search engine

jmforge

I tried searching for L-6, L6, L 6 and the search engine tells me thta the terms L and 6 are "too short or too common" even when I add other words like knife or steel. When I add knife, steel or other temrns, it eliminated the L and the 6 from the search.

try searching L6 sawmill steel.......if there are any sawmill supply places near you they will have info on L6...........i use a lot of it that i get from a friend that owns a large saw shop here in thunder bay.......we have a lot of sawmills in our area.......i have been making my damascus from L6 and 15n20 and it is great

try searching L6 sawmill steel.......if there are any sawmill supply places near you they will have info on L6...........i use a lot of it that i get from a friend that owns a large saw shop here in thunder bay.......we have a lot of sawmills in our area.......i have been making my damascus from L6 and 15n20 and it is great
I’m pretty sure he is referring to the forum search engine. I’ve had the same problem with it when searching for specific steel threads

I agree, the search engine on this forum seems overly restrictive for short words / phrases. I'm guessing there is a setting in the forum controls that regulates this - and needs to be changed. Other forums that seem to use this same discussion format don't seem to have this restriction.

Back