Slowly Catching Up on Sheaths

opaul

Finished up this sheath today for this blade - 9.75" OAL with a 5" 15N20 steel, rag micarta with yellow and red G10 spacers. Decided to go with a dangler sheath for this one. As I'm doing more leather work I'm beginning to appreciate fine leather. This sheath is from Tandy leather and is not as nice as some other leathers I've worked with.

I want to give Wicket and Craig a try but, I had bought a side from Tandy. Still have quite a bit left.

I want to give Wicket and Craig a try but, I had bought a side from Tandy. Still have quite a bit left.
I got a side from Wicket and Craig and it is really nice. It finishes and tools much better than the side from Tandy. I just wish I had ordered a heavier oz. you might also want to check out American Leather Direct.

I got a side from Wicket and Craig and it is really nice. It finishes and tools much better than the side from Tandy. I just wish I had ordered a heavier oz. you might also want to check out American Leather Direct.

What weight leather did you get??

I got 6 oz from W&C and 8/9 oz from ALD and just ordered a side 8/9 oz from W&C that was on sale. I’m flush on leather right now!
I prefer the heavier weight. The 6oz is ok for small edc’s but it makes a flimsy belt loop in my opinion. I have used the 6oz and used the heavier for the belt loop.

I would like to start making sheaths and wasn't sure where to start with a machine. If I live to be 250 years old, I might get to the bottom of my 'to do' list. Cheers.
Scrimshaw!

Back