Something for the new guys

CTaylorJr

WOW, I feel really weird saying what I did in the title to this since I am still VERY new to knife making.

But, all things aside, we had granite counter tops put in our house today and the guys that were doing the install were VERY nice to us...

They made a great piece for my smoker table out of the left overs, and then they let my bride use the diamond cutter to cut up some 4" x 12" pieces of granite that was left over.

She cut the 4x12 chunks for the knife makers that may need a flat surface to sand on. No, it's not really big, but it'll work for the average scale sanding etc...

Now, these may NOT be as flat as what you get in a granite slab made for scientific work, but from my perusal thus far they are pretty flat!

If you live in the DFW area and would like one, it's yours for the taking if you come get it.

If you can't come get it, you'll need to pay shipping... Not sure how that part works, I may need some coaching...

Here is a shot of the granite...

granite.jpg

For the record, I'm posting this on 2 separate knife forums...

Let me know if you are interested...

Charlie

Great shareing! I have been useing one simular to that one. Same color! Works great. Eats the finger nails right off!

I would be interested in one Charlie. VERY new and still trying to amass the equipment to make knives.
You could try to ship it in one of those flat rate USPS boxes.
Do you have Paypal?
If so, give me your info and how much it will cost to ship, and the money will be on it's way.

BTW, you mentioned a smoker....I take it you are into BBQ....me too....what kind of smoker?
Let me guess, being from TX....Klose?.....Gator Pit?.....Texas Pit Crafters?
I have a Spicewine single axle.... spicewineironworks.com

Thanks for the idea, I've got granite sink cut-outs from work. Brought them home, they look too nice for the dumpster.

I would be interested in one Charlie. VERY new and still trying to amass the equipment to make knives.
You could try to ship it in one of those flat rate USPS boxes.
Do you have Paypal?
If so, give me your info and how much it will cost to ship, and the money will be on it's way.

BTW, you mentioned a smoker....I take it you are into BBQ....me too....what kind of smoker?
Let me guess, being from TX....Klose?.....Gator Pit?.....Texas Pit Crafters?
I have a Spicewine single axle.... spicewineironworks.com

Hola ZBQ!

I haven't owned a commercially made pit in many years. I make my own and am currently working on my newest creation that will be PLC controlled, have a touch screen, and a light stack as well... I'm a geek, what can I say. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you an address to check out my BBQ endeavors.

Also put your mailing address in the PM so I can send you a block of this rock.

Charlie

Not gonna charge shipping after all. If the bricks fit in a USPS standard shipping box I'll send them out to the first 3 from here that PM their address to me.

ZBQ has spoken for one thus far. 2 left.

Charlie

I couldn't send them via PM. Here are a couple of pics of my BBQ pit. The last one is the decals that I added after the first two pics.

Attachments

• Cooker 3.jpg
    Cooker 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Cooker 1.jpg
    Cooker 1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Decals on Tilly 2.jpg
    Decals on Tilly 2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 14
I sent him a PM back on 4-28 with my info and he hasn't read it yet.
Not sure what's going on.

Back