Stabilized wood

Gliden07

First set of stabilized Spalted Maple. The BVV stabilizer seems dark? Came out pretty good though I was happy with end result. Still have to get some O rings chamber is leaking where gauge goes in. Not planning on doing a lot but it should be fun experimenting!

Attachments

• 20220926_193852.jpg
    20220926_193852.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Looks pretty good to me - have you checked to see how the scales float in water? Do they float half out of water? About even with water, almost sinking? OR, will the scale sink in fresh water?

Looks pretty good to me - have you checked to see how the scales float in water? Do they float half out of water? About even with water, almost sinking? OR, will the scale sink in fresh water?
They do not float! This pair sank!

Since they sank you've got as good as K&G does in my opinion. Good job well done. Spalted Maple stabilizes as good as anything I've tried in the past.

Since they sank you've got as good as K&G does in my opinion. Good job well done. Spalted Maple stabilizes as good as anything I've tried in the past.
Def happy with the result! Now to get my process down and try some dying etc... Experimentation time!! Good Winter fun!!

Back