Stainless damascus petty.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hey guys. Just wanted to share a fer pictures of one I finished up. Some of Devin Thomas's feather pattern dammy with Malighite and ebony bolsters and stabilized cottonwood handle.

Thanks for looking.
Randy

take3featherpetty0161024x683.jpg
Featherpetty0491024x683.jpg
Featherpetty0481024x683.jpg
Featherpetty0461024x683.jpg
HHHBABY0221024x683.jpg
HHHBABY0251024x683.jpg
take3featherpetty0011024x683.jpg
take3featherpetty0141024x683.jpg

Very nice Randy. I love the way you always seem to get the right materials in the right places.
I went to Devin's web site and didnt see the feather pattern listed. Did you work out some kind of special deal or something?

Very nice Randy. I love the way you always seem to get the right materials in the right places.
I went to Devin's web site and didnt see the feather pattern listed. Did you work out some kind of special deal or something?

You know how it is. ya dont know unless ya ask sometimes! :) I called Devin and asked for this, Per my customers request, he was kind enough to provide it for me. I dont think he offers it as a retail product. for obvious reasons. to anyone who has ever made feather damascus, let alone made stainless steel damascus. :)

Thanks for the comment and checking out our stuff.. God Bless YA
Randy

Very nice Randy!

Stainless? And do you mean the stone Malachite? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite pretty stuff, I have used that recon stone before.

That one should sell fast!

Interesting file work too!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Yep Malachite. The stone. I processed a raw piece into the ferule. Worked well and looks awesome. Was a PITA. but worth the efforts. Much harder then the recon stuff I have used.

The Steel is AEB-L and 304 stainless. :) BIG FUN.. I heat treated and cryo treated it and its a RC 59.5 Not quite as high as I would like to see on a kitchen knife, But very serviceable hardness..

Thanks for the comments and checkin out the knife!

God Bless
Randy

Last edited:
Yep Malachite. The stone. I processed a raw piece into the ferule. Worked well and looks awesome. Was a PITA. but worth the efforts. Much harder then the recon stuff I have used.

The Steel is AEB-L and 304 stainless. :) BIG FUN.. I heat treated and cryo treated it and its a RC 59.5 Not quite as high as I would like to see on a kitchen knife, But very serviceable hardness..

Thanks for the comments and checkin out the knife!

God Bless
Randy

Randy,
59.5 Rc should work fine. Was this bar in 1/8" thickness? Or did you have Devin make it in 3/32" ??

So you used a raw piece of malachite stone? I bet that was a PITA!

Keep the great work coming!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Yep. It was a RAW piece. Heres a image of what I started with. if ya look at it just right and squint you will see just where I cut it and how I did it. lol :)

Attachments

• mali.jpg
    mali.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 17
All I can say is WOW!
Cant believe I missed this earlier.
Those colors are amazing, and the way the pattern works with the blade is beautiful!

God Bless
Mike

Thanks Mike. It has quickly become a go to favorite in her kitchen! Thanks for posting!

Blessings
Randy

Back