stand alone Grinder topic

Bert the Welder

Thought I posted this question/suggestion already but can't find where I did...so
Any chance there's enough interest in having a stand alone "grinder" topic? Seams like most use them and I thought it be nice to have info all in one place.
WIP's, fixture suggestions and ideas, belt revues, etc. Just a thought. I'm about to start building a 2x72 and it be nice to have a place to ask questions.
If i did, in fact, start this thread somewhere, or if the mod's thought it to be such a bad idea that the post got taken down, let me know, so I don't post it a third time.
Must be early on set Alzheimer's......:biggrin:

Not a bad idea Bert but my first thought is that 'grinders' in general is not specific enough and may need to narrow topic a bit to something like favorite designs, abrasives, etc just a thought as I have thought about this topic too as this is machine that makes a block of steel into a knife and a lot to learn here.

I've never really thought about it too much, but now that you mention it, I think a grinder specific forum would be very nice!

Thanks for chiming in everyone! I agree maybe "Grinders" is too wide a title. I think "Belt Grinders and Accessories" might be the better title.
Doesn't represent a majority of folks on here, but it's a start! Hopefully an Admin. will see this and discuss it with those in charge.
The more votes the merrier as they say, so chime in if you like the idea. I've got lots of ?'s to start it out if it comes to be! :3:

I think it's a good idea.
Some of the things that come to mind, the list could be endless.

Belt Grinders
Production- Kmg etc.
Kits- No Weld etc
DIY- Wip etc.

VFDs

2X72-1x42 etc.

Belts- types etc.

Disc Grinders

Bench Grinders

Hand Held- 41/2" etc

V
e
r
t
i
c
a
l

Horizontal

I agree a "Belt grinder section with subforums (production grinders, nwg, belts, jigs and tool rests etc.) Would be a great idea.

Sent from my RM-878_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I was thinking just a general, all in compassing section for ease of creation for the admins. But yeah, could have sub-sections too.

Back