Stuff from my shop

Roger

Here's a few of the things I've done to the shop and a few of the blades I'm working on. I wanted to post a picture so Randy wouldn't think I was going to destroy his hard work.

First one top blade started life as a truck coil spring, notice the BJ use? The bottom one in the first picture is half of a billet of random I got from ironarm a year or so ago in a riffle.

Second picture is a piece of Teflon from McMaster Carr. The platen graphite had worn out, I clamped the Teflon on first and heated it at the bend with the propane torch, slowly, till it formed to the bend on top and bottom then just used electricians tape to hold it on. Almost no heat on the belt. I have a 4" tile I'll glue on the 4X36 and see which works best.

Next is a stand for the HF band saw. I just clamp it to the bench when I need it.

Last on is the other piece of Ironarms billet. It's etched some but still needs final sanding. About an inch and a half behind the blade edge is a 'discoloration' from top to bottom. Being a 'thrifty' sort I welded a piece of 1095 on to add some length and get the most from the Damascus end.

Comments are welcome, and thanks Boss for this great and informative site.

IMG_0392.jpgIMG_0385.jpgIMG_0384.jpgIMG_0390.jpg

Back