Swedish-style blade, maiden's hair, wip (sort of)

kevin - the professor

Hello Everyone,
I am working on another of the knives inspired by the guys over in Sweden. The blade is done, so I thought I would post it. I will post more pics as things progress. I will post more of the process pics if people are interested. Otherwise, I will just put a few as I go along.
This style of blade is fun to look it. It has a lot of angles and facets. This is also the best mid-high layer twist I have ever done (64 layers, I think). It is 15N20 and W2.
Hope you like. Comments, advice, encouragement, etc. are all welcomed.
Take care,
Kevin
860c9cdf-0dfd-4409-bb4c-b2f0b64508c7.jpg

5cc9d5a2-5ebf-41af-a64f-260183ec805c.jpg

9090921c-a991-49e4-a4da-890b239fac2e.jpg

4a44902d-be7d-48ec-85bc-e4c7b65291f7.jpg

Very nice! The steel, and the grinds. You should be very proud of your work.

Don

thanks guys. This pic reveals what may be a scratch full of oxides that was hiding up against the ricasso, in the grind line. Those spots are such a pain to get sanded/polished. I may have to sand there, and then etch again. We shall see. Pictures always show me things to go fix. I would never sell a knife without taking pics and studying them, for this reason.
It is sort of like when I was a kid, playing football. Watching yourself on video after the game forced honesty about the good and the bad.
take care,
kc

I love the look of that steel! don't guess you'd have an extra billet laying you'd like to get rid of - if so, I'm a buyer. Thanks,

Wallace

P.S. I just visited your web site and see that you do sell Damascus steel in blanks. I would be interested in a Maiden Hair blank like the one above about 2 1/2' X 12" X 3/32". Could you PM me and let's talk about it. Thanks,

Wallace

Last edited:
Back