Sweet craigslist score

Matt Bufford

Well I made a great find on Craigslist today. Comes to show, it is never a bad idea to throw a few search terms at Craigslist in the morning.

This old fella is moving and is selling all of his woodworking gear. Lucky for me!

I wish I had brought more money with me because I probably could have had this guy's entire shop for $500

Here is my list:
Old craftsman table saw with fence and a few jigs, guards, and a dado blade. $75

Ridgid portable air filtration unit. $25

Wood $10
Two sticks of Borneo rosewood
One stick mahogany
One stick palaquium

This guy has quite literally tons of exotic woods. I ran out of money - wish I had brought more!

Here is my plunder
9BCBD24A-76FB-4F61-8697-369735B0D938-18356-00000839EF69240B.jpg

I wanted to test out my saw. Blade is kind of dull, but still chopped up this beautiful Borneo rosewood. I'll likely be sending some scales out for stabilizing.
CF158D8C-8528-40FB-ABAB-D639BADC04D4-18356-00000839F29C4177.jpg

I can't wait to get this stuff on a knife!

Nice job cutting the wood. If only I had the space for something like that now.

I don't exactly have space for it either! I have to roll it out of the garage to use it. Luckily the previous owner put locking casters on it.

I already can't park my car in my side of the garage because of my shop and my motorcycle. If only my wife would give up her side of the garage.

I sent out a block of that rosewood to see if it is a candidate for stabilization. If it is, I will be stabilizing all of it, and putting it on lots of knives. From my estimate (not based on any real calculation) I have about 20 knives worth of the premium rosewood, and at least another 20 of the lower end pieces.

Back