Tantos, a camp knife, and a chubby kwaiken

Stormcrow

Some smaller work from the Blade Show. All of them are forged from 5160 with wraps of paracord over a foundation of neoprene and impregnated with West System marine epoxy.

This o-tanto has a blade 13" long and an overall length of 18 3/4".

This shorter one's blade is 7 3/4", OAL of 13".

Camp knife is a 7" blade with an OAL of 12 1/2".

And this chubby kwaiken sold before I could get any decent pictures, but the new owner started posting pics of it on Facebook the next day, already out in the woods with it. I was able to retain more power hammer texture on this one than I usually do and it lends an almost reptilian look to the blade.

With a 12" Wrecker he picked up from me last year:

I didn't get to measure it, but I'd estimate a 6 1/2" - 7" long blade.

He picked up a couple of these belt loops from RMJ at the show.

He told me it would be getting wet, and sure enough, it got rained on its first day in the woods.

Here it is next to the remains of an old moonshine still that he found in his wanderings.

Always glad to see my blades out getting used. :)

Solid. Looks like the little one is going to get a good run! Dozier

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

Wdtorque - Met a fellow last year carrying one of your knives. He was the son of Novelyn Price Ellis, who had a tempestuous on-again-off-again relationship in the '30s with Robert E. Howard of Conan fame. It's a weird little world we live in. :)

Raymond - A tool, or a machine? :) It was a flog to get ready for Blade, as usual, and it was made worse this year by several outside factors delaying me, but I had two tables' worth of sharp-and-pointies and had a good showing.

But I have been slow getting back into a regular routine in the shop since getting back. Trying to get things rolling again.

Raymond - A tool, or a machine? :) It was a flog to get ready for Blade, as usual, and it was made worse this year by several outside factors delaying me, but I had two tables' worth of sharp-and-pointies and had a good showing.

But I have been slow getting back into a regular routine in the shop since getting back. Trying to get things rolling again.

The times I did Blade it would take me two weeks just to get over the jet lag and just being down right beat. Two tables is a lot of product, hope most of it sold.

Are you still a one man shop?

Raymond - I never have remotely everything I want on the table and I always have a full table. :) A lot of what didn't sell at the show has sold since, and I haven't finished posting up what is left for sale on my blog.

For the most part I am a one-man shop, though I did have a medically retired Air Force vet come in as an apprentice who helped a great deal toward getting inventory ready for Blade. With a little training he was able to cut and shape tomahawk handle slabs, mold and trim sheaths, cut rivets, and such. Lots of it that I had to do myself, but because of his aid I was able to have a good showing. He went to the show with me and got to see more of it than I did. :)

He's had some back surgery since then and hasn't made it back out since the show, but he should be back at some point.

Back