TAP Controller for Heat Treat Oven or Kiln

Motor City Mike

As the title says, TAP controller for sale

The touch screen is not very sensitive. It often takes 2 or 3 touches for it to register. I talked to SDS Industries about this and they indicated that this is a known issue with this generation. That said, it works fine.

I should note that this came out of a 110v oven. It should work with 220v as this is basically just a computerized rely but I'm not 100% sure. I'll check with Evenheat Monday and update this thread.

Edit: I'm nothing if not a procrastinator. I checked and this will work with a 220v oven but the cord will need to be switched

If adding to an existing Evenheat oven it should be plug-n-play but I'd check with Evenheat for your particular oven to be sure.

Can be used with ovens other than Evenheat including DIY ovens but wiring will likely be different

Wiring schematic can be found here under Tap Control Enclosure: https://www.evenheat-kiln.com/_files/ugd/3a9418_cf74202a40fb45f09e92dc85272409af.pdf

Comes with what is show in pics 2 & 3 - Just the screen, not the entire mounting box

These sell for $600+ new

Price is $225 Shipped in CONUS via paypal f&f or you cover fees, zelle, cashapp, crypto or trade for gold or silver

The reason I'm selling is because months ago I took the TAP controller off to clean inside and replace the battery. While doing so I removed the wrong screws (4 around the screen). When I put it back together it didn't work. I called Evenheat and did some troubleshooting but nothing worked. I figured I bricked it and just ordered a new one. Meanwhile I sent this one in to be checked out. Turns out I disconnected some wires when I was monkeying around with it. They fixed it and sent it back to me. So now I have 2 TAP controllers.

tl;dr I'm stupid so my loss is your gain

vQKViKR.jpg

2eoaPGz.jpg

334kZGq.jpg

Here's a quick video on how easy it is to upgrade to a TAP controller

Last edited:
Back