That was a cold trip !

Neat video. Was that just last weekend? It looks like you've got some nice buildings and good resources. I would want a smithy out there, too. I wondered how you hauled 1000lbs by snow machine that far. But that's good you have neighbors and the state to help work together to do that. 40 miles is kind of a ride and to me 1 drum of fuel is a lot of weight.

I've been thinking about getting a real anvil and setting up a real permanent smithy for all kinds of different stuff. It also has me thinking how long it has been since an "anvil rang" in our area. In order to get one here it would have been a major endeavor: time on a ship, then transfer to a boat, probably never on a dog team...etc. I wonder if there even is one around. Now that there are commercial flights all the time, the only time I'd have to handle is from the airport to my house - which is nothing compared to the old days. You make it so I can't use living in the bush as an excuse anymore.

Thanks for sharing all that. Enjoy!

I am in awe of that scenery. What a pleasant video, it has such a tranquil ring to it. Those mountains in the distance would wake the wanderlust in me, if I had lived there. Thanks for sharing.
One question, is it the sun we see on the horison, or the moon?

It's beautiful and breathtaking in more ways than one. I would truly love to live in a place like that but I don't think I could handle the cold weather and I know my wife couldn't . In fact the last time I mentioned I'd like to homestead in Alaska she said "that's nice, I'll miss you".

Back