The Big O!

Hi Ryan .
Now ain'nt you a mind reader ! I was thinking about what I was missing that others might be doing. A quick thought passed through the pea brain I have and it was could it be speed? I talked to a fellow at Tru Grit today and he didn't know the answer but agreed there were a FEW others out there that were experiencing the same results. Well, now I have the answer what do I do? Ryan, do you have and idea of the feet per minute I would have to run in order to get good results from the blaze belts? I usually grind slow or slower. I just might get the one I use for contour and flat grinding changed back over to a faster speed at 100% reostat opening. The grinder I use for hollow grinding may be fast enough if I turn the reostat up to full. Give me the word oh knowledgeble one !!! Thanks for the boost . Frank.

Ah you know I don't know my belt speed, I'll take some measurements of my pulley's and what not and see if I can figure it out.

I'll be fine now, thanks Ryan, with the info. that Sean brought in. Today I'm figuring things are going along well in the grinding department . Do I really want to speed things up to save a few dollars ? Well it takes me a whole lot to adapt. I think I'll wait a bit before making a change, if I do. at my age a guy has to hang on to the good stuff in his life. I sure do feel good about you all telling me what was the answer. It was bugging me for over a year. Frank

Back