The Caveman and others

Kampman Knives

Here an update, some of my latest work.
The Caveman - all made from recycled materials - damascus from16th century wrought iron mixed with a high carbon steel, mammoth rib - buffalo horn, red copper pin and in the end of the handle a piece of abalone - Full flat convex grind, hidden tang.
DSC01587.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

Brut de Forge Bushcrafter - Modified CM60 steel with 16th century bog oak wood handle - Black buffalo horn and a piece of deer antler - Full flat convex grind, hidden tang.
DSC00818.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

Hunter - C100 steel, water quenched (yak ire) - handle from dear antler, red copper pin - buffalo horn and red copper, bolster from mokume gane - Full flat convex grind, hidden tang - Sheath is made by Frederiek De Vette.
DSC00776.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

Thanx for watching, cheers Igor.

You are doing beautiful work. I see a lot of things going on in there. A Scandinavian backbone with influences from all over the world.

The materials you are describing make me drool. I'd love to get my hands on some 16th century wrought iron. The oldest metal I can scavenge here is from the 1850s and that's hard to come by.

I'd love to see more of what you are doing. You are a few steps ahead of me in some aspects of your making, but our philosophies seem to be similar.

Cheers from Iowa,

Back