the devils tallywhacker

Rustyboy

After much prodding i have decided to start naming my blades. I mean all the cool kids are doing it so, why not.

This was a rescued knife from the scrap heap of rainy raven (James helm) some one wanted a sickle type knife James obliged them then proceeded to hate. I'm a sucker for an upswept knife so i got it, reforged it, and viola - The devils tally whacker was born

20131204_155818.jpg

Just need to seal and dye the handle.

And here it is with some of the others i finished today for scale (OAL on the little one is 9"). i will post more ridiculous names tomorrow.

20131204_212907.jpg

Attachments

• 1386194301693.jpg
    1386194301693.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I should never assume you're joking when you say ridiculous things apparently. :D

I'm partial to the little one and the bush tanto.

I trust this Devils Tallywacker reference isn't from first hand knowledge? :big grin:

Thats a smaller version of a pattern that was issued to US troops during the Spanish Americaan war.
I can't remember the name of the company that made most of them? I'm sure one of you collectors will.

Their version was about three times as big for clearing brush and chopping down smaller trees etc.

Very practical design. I have had knives that I thought were a first, just to open a book on knives and see someone else made the same design along time ago.

you beat me to it - the Collins machete.

I have always wanted to make a simple puukko type knife and name it something like, "practical, tactical, thermonuclear, kill, death, kill, kill, combat knife."

But, I haven't had the courage. Maybe this will give me a little inspiration.

the knives look good, too.

kc

Back