The finance aspect of this all!

L

legionnaire

Hey guys just though some may need help with managing their business but have little money. I myself am an international business and entrepreneurship student. In one of my classes the proffesor made us do a project with a bunch of questions to reasearch, one of which was to find an online eMBA business management program that was free. The program has a great chapter in finance and the best part of all is that its free, if you are having trouble managing your business you can definately learn something from it. Hope this linkk helps out someone.

http://managementhelp.org/fp_progs/org_dev.htm#anchor704607

Cesar

Hi Leigon,

Looks like some good basic info. Don't get too sucked into the whole eMBA thing. First, there is no degree issued (remember the M in MBA stands for Master's Degree).

The courses are basic 200 and 300 level college courses...again not MBA level. MBA level courses are 500 to 700 level.

That being said, the price is right. It is self paced. And if you have no background in business it can't hurt and should be able to help.

In lieu of the Accounting module, you would be better served hiring a CPA. As I didn't see anything to do with taxation mentioned in that block.

Which modules have you taken so far?

Hey Lee, you may be correct, I myself havent taken any of those since I'm attending the univ right now so really no time, until winter break or summer. The proffessor who told us about this is a PHD went to standford and is very respected, the HR club which he is head of is 2nd in the nation after going into competition with other schools in decathlons. He reccomends it so there must be something to learn from it. As far as getting to sucked into it knowing some accounting and finance will shed light on some of the things you may be doing right or wrong so it is good to know. You will want a CPA for the accounting but its valuable to know some to determine the health of your business.

Hi Legion,

As far as getting to sucked into it knowing some accounting and finance will shed light on some of the things you may be doing right or wrong so it is good to know. You will want a CPA for the accounting but its valuable to know some to determine the health of your business.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. I said be careful about getting sucked into an eMBA course (especially one that doesn't offer a degree). A question for the PhD would be..."How does this program stack up against an MBA from Wharton" (Stanford's Business School). Wharton does offer an Executive MBA That would be closer to apples to apples with the other eMBA course. Wharton's eMBA course does offer a Master's degree upon completion. Of course it probably would cost $75,000 and the other one is free! :D

As I said earlier, the price is right and it offers good basic information.

I never said learning about accounting and/or finance was not something you should learn. I have had several undergraduate and Graduate level Accounting and Finance classes. I also have 130 hours of additional courses (certificates) in taxation and MBA. I still have my CPA do my accounting and taxes. :D While it is an excellent idea to understand the basics of accounting and finance...always go with a pro.

Back