The knifemakers Guild

Mike, I dont remember exactly but it was a short time before the last meeting in Orlando I think . I only received 1 letter 7 wasn't sure that it was directe to me . I kept waiting for more info but have never received anything from the Guild . Kinda felt like a little ******* at a family reunion .

Joe

Joe, I'm sorry you had a problem and I would like to help straighten it out. I am a little confused. You sent in your completed application and paid your dues but received no response or receipt for your payment?

The next step would have been to attend the next annual show and display your knives. At that time your knives would be inspected again and you would have been recommended for probationary membership assuming your work passed inspection. That's why you received the show table application.

Did you receive a copy of the by-laws?

Mike, the only response I received was the the show table application as I remember . I put that aside thinking more information would come but it never did . I am in the process of trying to find the show table application but I think I must have discarded it after hearing no more from the Guild. To my knowledge , I did not receive a copy of the by-laws.

Joe

Just so everybody here doesn't think we left Joe hanging, I have been in contact via PM and we are trying to work it out. Gene Baskett will be in contact to resolve the problem. Joe should have received a letter along with the show apllication that explained the procedures but it seems he did not get the letter.

If anybody has any questions about the Guild I will be happy to answer what I can and get answers for those I cannot.

Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

I applaud your efforts to help Joe get this resolved. I have seen several instances with different organizations where some information was not given or received and there were hard feelings that were never soothed. Nice to see folks try to do the right thing.

Careu

Back