The Laser Thread

That's this one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5MKWXXC (We're allowed to post links on this forum - THANK YOU Boss) I wouldn't post links to other sites for things Boss sells

Sounds like a really good buy to me, <$1k shipped for a 20 watt. This is the enclosure I ordered for my 10 watt laser: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BM3W9VRH

Unless you use the rotary chuck for engraving on mugs and stuff I don't think you'll need the feet, AND they're easy to print up on a 3D printer for MUCH less cost. I've downloaded the 3D files from thingiverse and they should be fairly easy to print up if needed. My laser package came with the feet so I didn't need to print them.

I've been drooling over that Falcon2 - just imagine 40 watts of power. Things are really changing fast in the laser field - just a few months ago when I ordered my OLM3 that 10 watts was up there for a diode laser, now we've got 40 watts of power.

Congrats Chris - you gonna enjoy it.

Ooops, I just noticed the Louisiana Hobby Guy and the last video are both on the 22 watt Falcon2, not the 40 watt you've got coming. I think they're similar, but at least the middle video is for the 40 watt.

Ooops, I just noticed the Louisiana Hobby Guy and the last video are both on the 22 watt Falcon2, not the 40 watt you've got coming. I think they're similar, but at least the middle video is for the 40 watt.

It's all good information!

For those of you who bought the 10 watt lasers, have you found anything in knife making that makes you wish for the 20 watt laser?
I would say no.

I have a 10Watt diode laser (Ortur Laser Master 3). Of course more power would be better. But my 10 watt laser cuts thick veg tanned leather and makes a fine maker's mark on my knife.

If I were to want something else it would be a fiber laser. Those make a much deeper mark and from the looks of them the placement of the mark is easier.

I also have the OLM3 10 watt diode laser. It does all I want need. I would really like to have the mark blacker, but it's really ok now. The 20 watt, or even better the 40 watt would be somewhat better. Not sure it would do anything better than the OLM3 with 10 watts does, only the 40 watt would be MUCH faster. Some marks can take 30 minutes if they're very complex and larger - I've done one that was 60 minutes.

One BIG thing about the fiber would be the ability to do brass and other non-ferrous metals. Only problem with fiber is the price. The fiber doesn't cut wood, leather as well as the diode laser does - I "think" that is correct anyway.

Well...my brand-new laser engraver arrived, and it seems to be DOA! The external power supply light is lit but the unit will not power up when I press the on/off switch. What a disappointment!

I sent an email to Creality. I guess we'll see what happens!

Back