Thinking of buying the TG92 disc grinder from Tru grit

A.W.Stovall

What do you guy's that own one think about them, are there many limitations I have used one before and really liked it.
Thanks Anthony

a lot of people use something like this and its a lot cheaper !

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-direct-drive-bench-top-disc-sander-43468.html

If you can afford it? Go with the Tru-Grit Machine. I have used one at a friends shop and seen them at tru-grit.
Their machines are made with top shelf components here in the USA. You will get a lifetime of work out of it.
Also the stand behind their products. I purchased My Hardcore Grinder and accessories from them over 10 years ago and I continue to buy equipment & Belts from them on a regulator basis.

Scott & His son Ryan Run the shop.

Cheers!

www.rhinoknives.com/

Anthony, why not build one? hahaha, but you know, I have a distinct addiction to building tools. BTW, I finally got some discs in for the 20" grinder.

I was thing of getting the motorless version I think I can get a 1/2 hp motor and variable controller for less than the $600 difference in price I see USAknifemakers has a disc kit similar to has anyone used that one? oh and I have the harbor frieght 10" disc grinder Its horrible quality It has a so called 1 hp motor that I can stop with my hand and I want a 9" disc so you can use sheets of sandpaper

Last edited:
I bought the motorless one from them a few years ago, it's great. I need to get the miter gauge. I bought a Baldor 1140 Rpm motor that works get for me.

I was thing of getting the motorless version I think I can get a 1/2 hp motor and variable controller for less than the $600 difference in price I see USAknifemakers has a disc kit similar to has anyone used that one? oh and I have the harbor frieght 10" disc grinder Its horrible quality It has a so called 1 hp motor that I can stop with my hand and I want a 9" disc so you can use sheets of sandpaper

Have you looked at Rob Frink's KMG 9' Disk with the new angle table he has just come out with?

I had him put a 9" Disk on a motor I sent him about 12 years ago. Works great. He didn't have the angled table for it back then.

It should be worth a look.

Cheers!

Laurence

rhinoknives.com/

Wow, Robs is nice looking.
If everything stays square while taking the table off to switch abrasives that could be a champ.

I have one from Tru-Grit, and it's a bit of a pain to remove the table to swap abrasives, AND you lose your angle entirely when doing so.

Since I only use a disk to grind the angles when I dovetail my bolsters, maintaining an exact angle is important.

Wow, Robs is nice looking.
If everything stays square while taking the table off to switch abrasives that could be a champ.

I have one from Tru-Grit, and it's a bit of a pain to remove the table to swap abrasives, AND you lose your angle entirely when doing so

Since I only use a disk to grind the angles when I dovetail my bolsters, maintaining an exact angle is important.

I haven't fondled one with the table yet, Just have a older one from KMG. Call rob on Monday.

He will answer all your questions.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Back