Three Leather Sheaths

opaul

Finished these sheaths up today. I think they turned out pretty good but it's still my least favorite part of knife making, although I am starting to enjoy the tooling a littler more.

Looks great! My fave is the first... I like the pattern
Thanks Kevin. It was actually a mistake! I put the glue on the edges and starting folding it over when I thought, dang!, I didn't do the tooling. So I improvised :) after it was folded over and glued.

Very nice work OP I really like them all you are really getting the hang of this!
Thanks Rick. I think this is about as good as I'm going to get. I have decided one thing though, I'm going to start pricing my sheaths and knives separately. Knife = one price; knife plus sheath = a higher price.

Thanks Rick. I think this is about as good as I'm going to get. I have decided one thing though, I'm going to start pricing my sheaths and knives separately. Knife = one price; knife plus sheath = a higher price.

exactly. Or at least build the price of the sheath into the total price and be done with it. But regardless of how you go about it, you must get paid for the leatherwork. It is a lot of time and work.

For a guy that doesn't necessarily like to make sheaths, you sure are getting pretty good at it.

My biggest obstacle is finding new stuff/ideas/direction to try that does not distract from the knife itself.

***And you should definitely include the sheath in your pricing. Leather ain't cheap!

The middle knife and sheath!! It's like the leather grew on the tree you made the handle out of! And that wood....WOW!

Role the price of the sheath in with the knife. No one will know.

Back