Three new ones unfinished

gearhartironwerks

These are 1095/L6. The larger is 5160/L6.
Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.
John

Attachments

• unfinished blades #2.jpg
    unfinished blades #2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 49
  • unfinished blades 01-13.jpg
    unfinished blades 01-13.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 47
No names...couldn't repeat them if I wanted to. The top two are obviously feathers. The top and middle were random patterns that had absolutely no interest as forged, so I cut, added a layer of L6, then welded, slit for the feather, re welded, turned and drew them out. They were some of those nothing ventured, nothing gained blades. The bottom is a 'w' pattern which is pretty hard to mess up. I have to say though, I like the randomness of some damascus despite not being what I had in mind. It's kind of like Christmas when you were a kid. :).
John Emmerling

These are great looking Dammy blanks you have forged. Have you decided if they are going to be flat or convex grinds? How about the handle materials?

Stabilized Cal Buckeye gets my vote for # 1!!

Do you forge Stainless Dammy too?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Hi,
They all have flat grinds. Convex on the final sharpening. Cal buckeye gets my vote too. It kind of depends on what I can find.
Haven't done any stainless damascus per se, but have done some san mai billets w/stainless out and a 1095 core.
John

Eric,
I sell finished blades out of my shop and in a small knife shop across the street. At this point, weekends are my play days for pointy things. The rest of the week I actually have to make a living...what's with that? :)
John Emmerling

www.gearhartironwerks.com

Back